Senior Data Scientist, Data Analytics
- Mountain View, California
The Senior Data Scientist, Business Analytics for Quickbooks Self-Employed will join a team leading development of products to serve the needs of self-employed workers (the largest and fastest-growing segment of the US workforce).
Data is central to Intuit’s decision-making process, and analysts are a critical component to evangelize data-driven decision making in our Quickbooks organization.
This role will be primarily responsible for shaping the way we measure and improve product design and scaling analytics methods and tools to support our customer experiences. You will lead the way for high quality, high velocity decisions and play a critical role in both self-help experiences and live support assistance, so that customers are always well prepared to manage their business.
- Demonstrate knowledge of business goals and constraints. Understand current ecosystems, historical customer behaviors, and long-term trends
- Provide insights to the leadership team on impact of strategic initiatives on key metrics and help them track progress towards goals
- Provide teams with ad-hoc analysis, automated reports and web-based dashboards, and self-service reporting tools to make access to data easy for decision makers across the organization
- Partner with cross-functional teams including Customer Success, Product, Marketing, Engineering, and Analytics to design and build analytics and reporting tools that are instrumental to constantly improve customer experience
- Identify opportunities for developing new data sources, and provide technical leadership around making those data sources high-quality and broadly available
- Maintain a culture of high-quality output and exceptional customer service: effectively communicate at all levels, ensure that work gets done well and on time, respond effectively to unexpected obstacles and reallocate resources as necessary
- Champion data-driven decision-making in your team and throughout the company, including coaching and mentoring others on best practices
Qualifications / Experience
- 5+ years of experience in generating and presenting insights from marketing/product/customer care data. Experience in content analysis, advanced analytics, measurement and optimization
- Fluency in data analysis, including defining KPIs, statistical and predictive modeling concepts, descriptive statistics, experimental design and multivariate A/B testing
- Good understanding of data structures and pipelines. Experience with data instrumentation, interpretation and visualization tools (e.g., Mode, Tableau)
- Exceptional SQL skills and experience working with granular web clickstream data and behavior tracking tools like SiteCatalyst
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to interact with business leaders to make business recommendations
- Experience in programming languages and stats packages (e.g. Python, R) is a plus; comfortable creating re-usable data sets with high-quality data
- Advanced degree in mathematics, statistics, engineering or related field. PhD in a related field a plus
- Love mentoring and guiding others on best practices. Passionate about the advancement of whole team
- Detail-oriented with superior organizational skills.
- Genuine passion helping self employed workers and small businesses
TO APPLY, PLEASE VISIT https://click.appcast.io/track/1jppcdl?cs=ffo&pjg=1rt3&jpid=3uqp
Size 5000+ employees