Senior Data Engineer
- Fullscreen Media
- Los Angeles, California
Fullscreen Media is looking for a Senior Data Warehouse Engineer responsible for building a scalable and modern data warehouse and operational database environment. You will be responsible for data modeling, ETL development, data processing workflows, and database administration. You will use and develop data management tools & processes for multiple business areas.
The ideal candidate would have a passion for and knowledge of data engineering, big data, distributed/cloud computing and have a proven track record supporting and fulfilling the strategic objectives of a highly cross-functional organization.
- Responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining Data Warehouse solutions which will handle our growing business needs
- Interface with other teams to extract, transform, and load (ETL) data from a wide variety of in-house and 3rd party data sources
- Design, implement, and support infrastructure providing secured access to large datasets in AWS
- Utilize blended data from multiple data sources to provide comprehensive dimensional data
- Perform ad-hoc analyses and respond to data/analytical requests
- Glean insights from a large data warehouse using SQL, Spark, Hive, etc.
Qualifications / Experience
5+ years of Data Warehouse / Business Intelligence experience
Deep proficiency with SQL, Spark & Python
Knowledge of working with an enterprise data warehouse and large sets of data
Extensive experience with relational databases both, normalized and denormalized star schemas.
Strong knowledge of data warehousing concepts
Experience with ETL and data pipeline development and data cleansing with large-scale, complex data sets
Proven ability for looking at solutions unconventionally and explore opportunities and devise innovative solutions
Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
Experience gathering complex business requirements and identifying data needs
Size 501 to 1000 employees