Senior Analyst, Financial & Strategic Analytics
- Mountain View, California
Intuit’s Finance team drives business growth and profitability through strategic, financial and operational leadership. Our team is comprised of finance, accounting, supply chain, corporate strategy & development and tax professionals that support and enhance Intuit's operating efficiencies. We are looking for someone passionate about bringing technical and analytical thinking to solving the toughest business questions to join our Small Business & Self-employed Group (SBSEG). The right candidate is a hands-on problem-solver, critical thinker who celebrates the unexpected surprises, and who knows often the perfect is the enemy of the good. Quickbooks and our ecosystem of integrated products are used by over 5MM SMBs to run their business. Quickbooks exists to fuel small businesses by providing the toolset to run their businesses. And we are working hard to help small business worldwide, save time & money, keep their doors open, and grow. Our team is comprised of finance, analytics and data-science professionals, leveraging our collective skills to drive data-backed approach to financial and strategic decision-making. Our team’s work spans across our desktop and online ecosystems to understand our Small Business Group as a whole. We are growing rapidly, and looking for someone who is ambitious and has great headroom to grow.
- Conduct rigorous statistical analysis into key business questions such as media spend effectiveness, price elasticity, and key drivers for improving customer retention.
- Partner with financial analysts to improve revenue and expense forecast accuracy through better Excel models (and experiment with getting forecasting partially out of Excel and incorporating econometric methods for forecasting)
- Partner with data engineering teams to ensure our top KPIs that drive revenue are accurate and consistent across our current and new products.
- Conduct scenario modeling of strategic investment options to drive understanding of impact of top opportunities for the business and present findings to senior executives.
- Expand on our current Python/Scala based SaaS customer-lifetime-value, retention, and arpc models, extending these predictions to an expanded set of products.
Qualifications / Experience
- 3+ years of analytics experience on end-to-end customer-level data.
- Demonstrable experience applying data science techniques (predictive, modeling & analytical) to practical business problems.
- Awesome with Excel/Gsheets, particularly with scenario and financial modeling.
- Proficient with SQL and at least one scripting language used in analytics (e.g. Python, R, Scala); understanding of software development best practices strongly preferred.
- Proven experience applying statistical analysis techniques to drive recommendations.
- History of taking ownership and running toward fires.
- Strong understanding of data warehousing. From raw data, comfortable building out consumable tables and datasets, and working with engineers to productionalize your code.
- Hacker mindset – not matter how messy data is, if there is a way, you’ll figure it out.
- Strong communications skills with both technical and non-technical colleagues, and translating between the two.
- Entrepreneurial and curious mindset - passionate about business and data, and constantly thinking about opportunities and risks others have not yet thought about.
- Undergraduate degree required. Masters in a quantitative discipline preferred.
TO APPLY, PLEASE VISIT https://click.appcast.io/track/1lfl4el?cs=ffo&pjg=1rt3&jpid=3uqq
Size 5000+ employees